ot all of them are a fan of gardening until they start getting a hang of it. When you start loving what you are doing, you naturally want to learn more about it to impress yourself. Although gardening is not a hobby where you could learn the nuances from an instructor like a dance class or music instrument class, you could always watch the experts and gather the tricks.
A bit of research on the internet about the soil in your garden and what would ideally grow well will help in the long run. This will save you from wasting your time on certain plants which will not thrive in your soil. You could instead try turning your ground into a habitat suitable for your favorite herbs and vegetables or flowers.
The expert gardeners will always surprise you with tricks that they have learned through experience. Whenever you get a chance, have a chat about their experience and learn how well you could treat your garden. Spending quality time on your garden definitely impact and brings positive change in the garden as well as the person in you.
You would find yourself staying in high spirits and cheerful when you spend time among the growing plants and bushes. Apart from regular watering and trimming, there are other treatments necessary for a garden like fertilizing, using insecticide and pesticide and harvesting. Spend time researching on fertilizers and insecticide as they have a major impact on your garden.
There are a wide variety of pest control methods you could choose to follow. Using harmless products on your plants will help you in achieving organic vegetables and fruits from your plantation. Be it small or a large one, your garden requires some amount of regular care and in turn, provides you with a healthy stress-free life.
Maintaining a lawn?
If you have been maintaining a lawn, keeping it tidy is one herculean task. But the beauty of it persuades every gardener to go for at least a small patch of ground and convert it into a lawn. Even the ones staying in high rise buildings opt for terrace lawns and take time to maintain it.
Certain steps if followed could help in maintaining your lawn easier:
• Fungicides do help in preventing fungal diseases. A brown patch or a discolored patch in your lawn might indicate a rough fungal infection, which is quite common. Post a rainy season, these patches are quite often found which might indicate the necessity of fungicide. Fungicides must be used after every spell of rain. If not a rainy season weekly application works wonders for your lawns.
• Fertilization is helpful to keep the lawn fresh and green. It is important to understand if it works for the grass. Tall fescue, which is a winter grass typically does not need fertilizers and might not grow if used.
• Irrigating lawns every day on warm days is important, also the preferred time being early mornings. At this time the moisture dries quickly. Water levels need to be an inch per week.
• While using a trimmer on your lawn, be sure to grease them with vegetable oil so that the grasses do not get stuck or jammed.
Love Growing vegetables?
There are people who love gardening so they could harvest the vegetables they eat every other day. The freshness of these vegetables is a benchmark and no amount of high-profile shopping in marts will come close to the feeling of joy of eating the freshly harvested vegetables.
The vital part is planning. Not all vegetables grow in all seasons. You have to plan early and get the soil ready for your next harvest. If you miss the season, you have to wait till the next one to harvest seasonal vegetables.
Some tricks will ensure you look forward to planting more vegetables every season:
• July month is the season for tomatoes. This particular vegetable needs some extra side dressings in the early days of July. The dressing needs to of some balanced fertilizer from the market.
• If you are planning to plant a whole different vegetable for the next season, say fall, you need to plan ahead as it will be there even before you know it.
• Freezing or canning of vegetables is recommended when you harvest them in excess. There are so many classes which teach you to professionally go about it. There are quite a few cooperative extensions which do offer these classes as an encouragement.
• Also once you boil the vegetables that you have grown, do not waste the water by throwing it off. This waterworks wonder on your potted plants.
• The insecticides which are used to kill bees are to be totally avoided. The markets are flooded with so many balanced insecticides that are not harmful.
• Harvesting must be done at regular intervals to avoid infestation.
• Chamomile tea is one of the best fungicides. It protects the plantings and is organic too.
How about growing some edible flowers this season?
Most people get into gardening because they want to grow flowers. Apart from the annual and perennial flowers which make every single gardener happy, there are quite a few vegetables and herbs which also have flowers which look pretty and are edible as well. There are edible flowers which come in varied tastes and could play a treat to your taste buds.
Also, these flowers completely elevate your plating skills. The look they add to your otherwise regular dish is worth master –chef appearances. Just collect a few of them and add them to your freshly prepared dishes to make them look beautiful and to add to the taste as well.
Some precautions while choosing them helps:
• Know the identity of the flower before consuming. Being aware of lookalike flowers will benefit you from catching a stomach bug.
• Wash them well before consumption to eliminate the threat of any bacteria. Also be sure to remove the reproductive stems in the flower.
• Use insecticides and pesticides which are not harmful.